Monday, May 23, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: Born This Way.

After breaking records with her #1 gay anthem "Born This Way,"
getting attention with her instant house classic "Judas,"
and copying Katy Perry and Dev with saxophone solos in "Edge Of Glory,"
Mother Monster herself, Lady Gaga, has finally released the
self-proclaimed "album of the decade," Born This Way,
with production credits mainly by RedOne and Fernando Garibay
(the guy who produced Paris Hilton's "Stars Are Blind").

"Marry The Night"- A
It's the perfect opening number. The beat stops my heart,
and the layout of the song is flawless. Plus, it's catchy!
I would love to see this song as a future single.

"Born This Way"- D+
skip.

"Government Hooker"- B+
the lyrical content is WILD,
but the eerie feel of the track makes me love it.

"Judas"- A+
even after its release as a single and hearing lots of people sing-a-long to it,
i still adore every second of the song. Yes, even the breakdown.

"Americano"- B-
Even though I have no fucking clue what she's saying, it works.
Not as well as I would like it to, but hey, you can't get everything you want, right?

"Hair"- C+
At first listen, i LOVED it. But after a few listens and comparing the song to the others
on Born This Way, it is lacking that punch found in most of the LP.

"Scheiße"- D-
The chorus saves it from failing.
What she should've said was:
"I don't speak German, but I can ride a bike!"

"Bloody Mary"- A+
I can tell that this song will be either a hit or miss for most folks.
For me, it was an extreme hit.
This alone deserves a Grammy, or at least a VMA.

"Black Jesus Amen Fashion"- A+
I've crowned this my favorite record from the album,
simply because of the first minute. If anything in the world
is absolutely perfect, it would be that.
I believe that Jesus is the new black.

"Bad Kids"- B-
There's something about it that I can't quite grasp,
but until I figure that out, I'll say that it's average.

"Fashion Of His Love"- A
it's the friendliest track on the LP, and i adore Gaga
for putting it on the tracklist. It's such a contrast from most of the others.
It screams Alexander McQueen, too.

"Highway Unicorn (Road To Love)"- C+
It's okaaaaay.

"Heavy Metal Lover"- A-
The lyrics are dirty, the beat is raw.
What more can you ask for? A music video.

"Electric Chapel"- C
I don't hate it, but it's not hard-hitting enough.

"The Queen"- B+
The beginning of the chorus is just like "Edge Of Glory,"
and even though people will get mad at that, I don't mind at all.
The end sends me to another place, too.

"Yoü And I"- C+
I prefer the live version. Sorry.

"Edge Of Glory"- A-
SAX.

OVERALL GRADE: A-
If you are one of the 47 people that haven't bought or listened to the album
already, you might want to check this album out. It has a few
misses, but which album doesn't nowadays?

No comments:

Post a Comment