Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: /\/\/\Y/\.

I always keep my promises.

So, the ridiculously talented M.I.A. released her third album, /\/\ /\Y /\, a month ago.
I finally picked it up (it was between her or Mike Posner), and i made a great choice.
The album is excellent!
Besides a weird introduction (The Message),
and a few extra-aggressive songs (Meds and Feds/Born Free),
and a slow jam that should've never happened (It Iz What It Iz),
the album hits the perfect notes.
I didn't think that she could do better than her first two albums, but the third time IS the charm!

BTW:
Teqkilla
XXXO
Tell Me Why
Steppin' Up

Lovalot
It Takes A Muscle
Caps Lock
Illygirl
Space
Internet Connection
Believer (feat. Blaqstarr)
Meds And Feds
Born Free
The Message
Story To Be Told
It Iz What It Iz

GRADE: B+


No comments:

Post a Comment